Lack of Parenting Skills
There are a number of key skills needed to parent. Some of these skills include
- being able to communicate honestly about events or discussions that have happened
- staying consistent - children need structure and parents that have normal routines is a huge benefit to children
- being able to use resources that are available - for example, reaching out into the community
- taking an interest in their child's educational needs and early development
- keeping open communication and staying educated on what their child is learning and doing and how it is affecting them.
A parent may be deemed to be lacking parenting skills if they lack key skills needed to effectively parent. If you require any specific information about lack of parenting, look in