Leicestershire 2018-2021 JSNA
Joint Strategic Needs Assessments (JSNAs) analyse the health needs of populations. The purpose of the JSNA is to improve the health and wellbeing of the local community and reduce inequalities for all ages. It should be viewed as a continuous process of strategic assessment and planning with the aim to develop local evidence-based priorities for commissioning which will improve the public's health and reduce inequalities.
The Health and Wellbeing Board of Leicestershire agreed that the 2018-21 JSNA will be published in subject-specific chapters throughout this three-year time period. Chapters will be developed in line with CCG and local authority commissioning cycles. The JSNA chapters will also be aligned to Leicestershire County Council's Strategic Outcomes Framework and to the needs of commissioners. The outputs of the JSNA will be:
- Subject-specific chapters of an assessment of current and future health and social care needs in pdf format
- Online infographic summary of each chapter
- An online data dashboard that is updated on a quarterly basis to allow users to self-serve high level data requests
- Demography Report (PDF, 2.5 Mb, 13 downloads)
- Economy Report (PDF, 1.5 Mb, 3 downloads)
Oral Health of Children and Young People
- Oral Health of Children and Young People (PDF, 930 Kb, 0 downloads)
Oral Health of Adults
- Oral Health of Adults (PDF, 674 Kb, 3 downloads)
Mental Health of Children and Young People
- Mental Health of Children and Young People (PDF, 1.5 Mb, 0 downloads)
Mental Health of Adults
- Mental Health of Adults (PDF, 2 Mb, 3 downloads)
Please note, these dashboards are still a work in progress. Data in the JSNA data dashboards will be updated on a quarterly basis.
Governance for our JSNA
As many of the relationships required for the JSNA in Leicestershire are wide, involving representation from NHS England, CCGs, Leicestershire Partnership Trust, University Hospitals of Leicester, District Councils and the voluntary sector, a JSNA Reference Group has been established. This Reference Group supports JSNA work across the Health and Wellbeing Board.
The JSNA Reference Group provides a status report on a quarterly basis to the Integration Executive. Integration Executive provides assurance to the Health and Wellbeing Board that the JSNA is an accurate reflection of the needs of the population and has been developed using robust processes.
- JSNA Reference Group Terms of Reference (ToR) (PDF, 208 Kb, 1 downloads)