About This Report:
ECOTEC Research and Consulting Limited was appointed by Leicestershire County Council (LCC) in September 2008 to undertake a sector scoping research study with a specific focus on five initial priority sectors for Leicestershire's Rural Economy – Land Based, Knowledge Based, Food and Drink, Renewable Energy and Equestrian and Outdoor Recreation
The study includes:
• A rapid desk based review that considered relevant statistical and contextual information underpinning the research.
• A review of best practice delivery mechanisms in rural areas of Local Authorities.
• Detailed face to face and telephone interviews with key stakeholders across Leicestershire and the East Midlands, with particular reference to the identified priority sectors.
• A 'rural business survey' with 50 small and medium sized enterprises across the county who fit within the five identified sectors.
• Development of key recommendations from the research based upon findings and stakeholder consultation.
For further information please contact
Rural Partnerships Manager
Policy and Partnerships Team
Chief Executive Department
Leicestershire County Council