About This Report:
The Government stated, in the Coalition Agreement, its intention to create a new designation to protect green areas of particular importance to local communities. Understanding which green spaces local people particularly value, and why, will help local communities and councils decide where new homes and other developments needed by local communities are best located, designate local green spaces, and decide what steps might be taken to protect and enhance green spaces. A green spaces engagement exercise was carried out between January and April 2011. The exercise has generated a rich dataset.
These reports provide a summary of the forum findings as a key aim of the green spaces consultation was to give the data back to local people to enable them to use the findings themselves.
- Loughborough East Area Forum (PDF, 2.4 Mb, 18 downloads)
- Loughborough North West Area Forum (PDF, 2.9 Mb, 26 downloads)
- Loughborough South West Area Forum (PDF, 3.4 Mb, 19 downloads)
- Quorn, Barrow, Sileby & The Wolds Area Forum (PDF, 2.4 Mb, 216 downloads)
- Shepshed & Hathern Area Forum (PDF, 2.2 Mb, 27 downloads)
- South Charnwood Area Forum (PDF, 2.5 Mb, 44 downloads)