SROI Evaluation of Opening Doors and Employment Solutions
Principles of SROI were used to evaluate the impact of the 2012/2013 Innovation Fund. Two projects, Opening Doors and Employment Solutions, were able to evidence their impact through SROI.
The evaluations calculated that both projects created approximately £10 for every £1 invested.
The outcomes that created the most value for Opening Doors were:
- Meeting other people and using their skills enables older people to feel appreciated, useful and better about themselves
- Making local networks and feeling positive makes them feel more part of their community
- Reduction in cost of hospital admissions
- Reduction in cost of social care agencies
The outcomes that created the most value for Employment Solutions were:
- Increased income and reduced DWP payments through supporting young people into employment and self-employment
- Value to young people of being supported into volunteering
- Value to young people of increased aspiration and motivation
Other useful links
For more information about this SROI,